8.02.2010

zucchini, peas and projects


Last year I found this "Mock Apple Crisp" recipe that doesn't use any apples at all. It uses zucchini. And when I make a 9x13 pan, I use 8-9 cups of zucchini. So if you happen to have a lot of zucchini, this is a sweet, delicious way to use some of it up. And yes, it takes just like apple crisp.

And this is our small pea patch. The kids have loved picking fresh peas from the garden.

Especially Drake.

Our sunflowers are thriving.

I'm excited that these gerbera daisies actually bloomed, again. We planted them out here after the initial blooms (while in their pot) had already died.

One day I came out and noticed these. It was a nice surprise.

The kids continue to enjoy reading.

Because Shad and I have been working in the garage on our corner desk, Drake and Graham decided they needed to work on their "projects" as well.

Shad has let them have free reign of nails and the scrap wood, and they have loved pounding things together.

And Graham even came up with a recognizable plane, completely on his own.

Summer is fun.


No comments: