8.02.2010

july in review, a.k.a. good helpers


One morning we took our car to get an oil change and happened to run into a good friend. She entertained my kids nearly the entire time we were there. Her car was done before ours, so while I waited in the lobby, my kids all jumped in her car to go through the car wash with her. That was the best oil-change day ever.

I let Avery help me stir dinner one night.

And all three kids jumped at the chance to put tater tots on top of a casserole.

We washed our car for Family Home Evening one night.





I started working on stripping and sanding this little kitchen set, with the hope of having it re-painted before the summer is over. I'm not making much progress, but Drake and Graham have spent quite a bit of time on it.

Our neighbor's kitten has been our kids' best friend.

It wanders over quite a bit, and every time my kids just love it. The kitten is extremely patient and lets my kids do whatever they want.

They carry it all over, it will just sit on their laps. We get all the fun benefits of a pet cat without having to take care of it or provide it a home.

Shad and I have been working together on building a corner desk for our office/guest room downstairs.

We usually work on it after the kids are in bed.

But one day, on a weekend, we spent several hours in the morning on it.

Our kids played together and entertained themselves amazingly well.

And the kitten was a big help in distracting their attention as well.

Hopefully in August I can show you the completed desk...


No comments: