8.04.2010

things are growing...


Because I have a large belly that makes it hard to weed and/or bend over for very long, I decided to make myself a garden bench. I took some long shelves that I had bought for a few dollars at a garage sale a while ago, cut them up and screwed them together.

Graham saw it sitting outside and tried it on for size. Sitting on it this way makes it the perfect height for picking beans (which aren't ready yet) and such. I can also turn it upside down so I'm sitting lower to the ground, which makes it great for weeding and picking peas.

Besides the peas and zucchini, nothing is quite ready. But when it is, I hope to keep up with it this year. That's been my goal every year, but I'm hopeful that I might actually achieve it this year.

And in case you ever wondered what an artichoke looked like outside of the grocery store, now ya know.

We picked up a plant to try it out just because we were curious. I hope they get a little bigger.

I really enjoy the month of August because everything outside is so big and full.



And fortunately for us, it usually stays in the 80s, so we can actually enjoy being outside.



I have to admit, though, that I'm looking forward to the fall, because that's when our baby will be "ripe" for the picking...



No comments: