7.06.2010

mud, glorious mud


So Drake has really enjoyed digging and filling his trenches in the big dirt area at the back of our yard.

These two have been going out there at least once a day lately.

I usually have to turn off the water, and give them a time limit so they don't get too muddy.

Well, one day, they were at it again, as usual.

By the time I came out, there was more water in the trenches than usual.

I turned off the water, and told them they had a few more minutes before it was time to come inside.

And to try to stay clean as best they could.

The next time I came out, those two rascals had turned the water on again and almost the entire area was flooded.

And from the waist down, they weren't clean.




But they were having the time of their lives.

So I took several pictures of my dirty boys.

I was glad that it was just their pants and legs I'd have to clean up.

After pictures, I went back to the house because Avery had woken up from her nap.

I planned on getting Avery a snack to keep her occupied and then I'd come back out and hose them off.

I must have taken a long time with Avery, because by the time I came back out, the mud was on a little more than just their pants and legs. As I was walking back out, I caught Drake in the act before he realized I was watching.


These boys.





After splatting each other, they decided to get the side of the tack shed as well.

Once I finally got them away from the mud and back to the house, I took a few more pictures so they could laugh at themselves later.




After all, what's the fun of being a kid if you can't be a kid?