7.16.2010

bbq/water party


For the second year in a row, we hosted the ward's Elder's Quorum sponsored BBQ. Shad was thrilled to be able to use our gas grill this year.

We had a pretty good turnout, and I hope everyone that came had a good time.

I should say that I hope all the adults had a good time, because I know the kids did. We had horseback rides out in our pasture for the first little while.

Once the horse was put away, our neighbor decided to irrigate. While the parents were busy visiting, the kids started playing in the water.

By the time any of us realized where the kids were, they were already into it too much to have any good reason to stop it.

So everyone just let the kids play.






I didn't let Avery join in the fun because I was worried about her getting trampled on.

But every kid that was out there ended up soaking, dirty wet.

Once we finally wrangled them in, the kids finished off some of the food that was still sitting out. Because no one had brought a change of clothes for their kids, two of the moms walked all the wet kids back to their homes, because nobody wanted them sitting in the cars.

It was a fun night and I always enjoy having people over.

Maybe next year we'll have to advertise it as a BBQ & Water party... just in case.


No comments: