4.27.2009

Draper temple and a weekend in Utah


At the end of April, my brother Justin had the opportunity to go through the temple in preparation to go on his mission. Apparently, the drive down to Utah wasn't very exciting because Avery slept...

(I love how perfectly soft and smooth and cute a baby's face is)

...Graham slept...

...and my brother Matt slept.

Amazingly, Drake stayed awake the whole drive.

And fortunately, so did Shad.

That first night we hung out mostly at Trent and Amy's place with everyone that came out.

Here, Matt's being a great uncle by wiping his nephew's nose.

Landon surprised us all by coming out (we thought he was staying back home).

Amy entertaining the kids with a reading of Alice in Wonderland.

Matt still hanging out with nephew Lincoln.

Lincoln, being held by his mom and entertained by his dad.

This is Lincoln's dad, my big brother.

I don't know where he gets that look from.

Maybe it's just genetic.

Or maybe it's just the look you're supposed to give when your picture is being taken (this is my nephew Jayden and my mom).

Shad with tired Avery and Graham.

Brothers and popsicles.

Sweet Ivy.

The next day we left our kids with other family members, and all the adults went to the Draper, Utah temple. It was beautiful. It was neat to go through with Justin.

It was also very wet when we came out.

But that didn't stop us much. Hooray for something!

From there we all went to Café Rio and enjoyed lunch together before picking up our kids and heading to Holladay. See the car in the middle of this picture?

See the exhaust pipe? Weird.

That evening we went to my Uncle Bob and Aunt Catherine's place to visit and have dinner. This is a poor picture of the pool house (left) and pond/stream (right).

The cousins enjoyed eating together.

We all enjoyed hearing about Bob and Catherine's mission in Oakland, California, and watching a video about the sculptor, Angela Johnson (not me, but I wish).

Shad had fun playing soccer out on the front lawn of their home with Hannah (my cousin's daughter) and anyone else that would play.

Trent provided plenty of fun for the kids.

This went on for a while.

Doesn't he look like he's having fun?

I stole this picture from my cousin's blog. It's all the cousins that showed up that night, plus myself and some of my siblings. It was fun to visit and get caught up with everyone.

I really enjoy getting together with family. It's fun no matter what we do.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I loved your bread post. I wish I had a mizer, because I think I would finally not be intimidated to try making my own bread since you showed how to make it step by step. That was great! Also, thanks for calling me when you came down to Utah!!!!! Actually, I know how busy it is when you get together with family. (But I am afraid that move cost you your title! You know what I'm talking about...now you're only Mrs. TK.) I'm glad you had so much fun with your family. I can't believe Justin is going on a mission!