12.31.2010

the gem known as Green Canyon


If you've never been to Idaho, then you've never experienced Green Canyon.

And let me just say, it is certainly an experience.

Before I had gone for my first time, Shad's family prepped me for the worst.

I was literally expecting the absolute worst hot springs swimming pool complex imaginable.

And you know what, it isn't the worst.

Close maybe, but not the worst.  :)

It's a popular place.  It's tradition.  And it's fun.

Whenever we go we always enjoy a nice weenie roast.

That is often followed by s'mores.


After the meal we enjoy the warm swimming pool.



There is also a super hot pool and freezing cold pool in the adjacent room.


This time when we went, I sat out on the side and just watched...


...because of this cute little girl.

But it gave me opportunity to observe more of Green Canyon and all that it is.



This sign reads: "If you cannot swim please stay in shallow end"




Thank goodness for Green Canyon.




I really do enjoy it.

p.s. I didn't take any pictures of the dressing room, for obvious reasons.  That is another story in and of itself.


1 comment:

Shad said...

Long live Green Canyon! May we never be too good for it.