12.26.2010

christmas


We spent Christmas Eve with Shad's family.  It was nice to read about Christ's birth and let the kids participate in some special traditions.  About bedtime, we loaded up and headed back home.

It was our first Christmas at our own home... with all it's decorative quirks (thanks to the kids).



The kids were already asleep when we got home Christmas Eve, so I was worried they might wake up earlier than normal in anticipation of Christmas Day.


It was different with just our own little family. 


Lindy wasn't quite sure what to make of it all.


We missed the extra excitement and shared joy that comes with having more family.


But it was also nice to have a quiet morning.



And to not worry about losing things or getting them mixed up.


Avery made sure to hold Lindy's hand as much as she could, while still sucking her thumb on the other hand.


I remember when my mom would say some of her favorite gifts were the ones we made.  I didn't believe her.  But now with my own kids, I love the homemade ones because of the thought that goes into them.  Lindy received this handmade gift from my youngest brother.

And Drake gave some of his legos to his siblings as gifts, and spent time decorating the envelopes to house them.

On the back of Avery's, he drew pictures of the legos that were inside, and how many of each.

On Graham's he left it a little more suspenseful.



I'm grateful for the Christmas season.  I'm grateful to be part of two wonderful families.  I'm grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ.  And I really do love the homemade gifts, whether or not my kids will believe me.



No comments: