12.16.2010

christmas is coming


We finally got a tree for our front room.

The kids were more than happy to help.



Because the kids could decorate their tree in the basement however they wanted, I decided to try and decorate this one a little nicer.



I just like this shot because it captures the Christmas feeling of comfort and joy for me.

This shot gives you just a glimpse into my lack of ability to complete my own list of projects...  I've wanted to make matching stockings for our family since Drake was born.  Let's start on the left, shall we?  Shad's stocking was a gift from my Mom, which she embellished with personalized decorations.  Those decorations have since fallen off and I have not put them back on... yet.  My stocking is the one I had all growing up that my Mom made, and is still completely intact.  Drake's I made to match mine and Shad's because I hadn't decided yet what I wanted to do for our own family stockings.  But I only finished the stocking and his name (which if you could look closely is a poor job) the night before his first Christmas.  Sometime later, my mom added the decorations.  Graham's is finished as far as his name as well.  Avery still doesn't have a name on hers, and she has now had three Christmas experiences.  And you'll notice that I don't yet have a stocking made for Lindy... or any ideas for anything different.

Graham and Avery watching something outside.  The stop sign on the window says "Santa Stop Here".

And the kids made a chain to countdown to Christmas.  I'm not sure which child decided that Lindy's arm would be a good place to hang it.

I'm excited.


1 comment:

Shad said...

I vote we go to the store and buy a bunch of big stockings which match. Then we can get a magic marker, slap some names on them, and presto! we're set.