5.10.2010

weekend in provo and Mother's Day


Mother's Day weekend was busy, but fun. Friday night we drove down to Provo to see Trent and Amy. I don't have any pictures of us just chillin'.

Saturday, I went up to Salt Lake with Avery (Amy had to work) to a bridal shower for my cousin's soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Amber. I had a good time and it was fun to visit with a lot of my cousins that I don't get to see very often. Not too long before this one I went to a bridal shower for another cousin, Janessa, but unfortunately took no pictures (I know, weird).

Amber and Howie are in the middle with their moms on either side. They are a very cute couple, and I'm so glad they found each other.

Avery did pretty good while we were there. There was a really cute playroom just off the family room that she was enjoying, but as soon as I got too far away, she would get very concerned, so I had to stay close to her.

After the shower we went back to Provo to meet up with the boys and Amy.

We drove to a park to play disc golf.

As we got near a river, Trent warned us not to throw anywhere close to it because the current was so swift we would just lose our disc.

And then he accidentally threw his disc right through the trees... and into the river.

And then he picked up a snake that left its juices on him. Poor Trent.

The park was surrounded by huge, beautiful homes. Trent and Shad took a closer peek at one of them.

It was fun to spend some time outside with Trent and Amy.



And the kids enjoyed the playground too.



We left to come home Saturday night, but not without a few rounds of Nintendo.

And Avery was sure enjoying being fed grapes by her uncle. Thanks again Trent and Amy for a fun weekend.

Sunday was Mother's day, and these are the goodies I received from the kids from church. The rolled up yellow paper had Drake's and Graham's best guesses on facts about me. For example, Graham thought I was 15 years old, and Drake guessed 32. It was fun to see their different answers to things.

When Mother's Day rolls around, I always feel a little guilty about a whole day of recognition. I'm grateful for the kindness, but feel like I could definitely be a better mother. It motivates me to improve myself.

It was a nice day, though, and I'm always eternally grateful for my kids and for my wonderful husband who make it possible for me to be a mom.


No comments: