5.15.2010

spring is finally here


I'm so glad it's finally warmed up.

We let our rabbit have more exercise on the ground when it's warm.

And speaking of rabbits, this is Avery's bunny, to which she is very attached.




Anyway, back to spring. The leaves on our cherry tree (or cherry stick, rather) are just starting to come out.

But the "popcorn" is popping on the apricot tree.

This is our peach stick/tree with a bee.


Another random picture--For a while, there has been construction at the intersection right by our house, so we've had to drive around the long way to get anywhere. I'll be glad when it's done.

Today, we worked outside most of the day.

The kids were having fun finding bugs in the dirt.

Avery was excited about this worm.

We ordered these hybrid willows called Austrees. It was cheap to by ten at a time, so that's what we did.

We decided to plant them along the South side of our yard to act as a wind barrier (and hopefully some shade) once they grow.

Here are the sticks all in a row, if you can't tell. They should turn into trees someday---at least that's our understanding. Some friends of ours planted some two years ago, and theirs have already grown quite a bit, so we're hopeful.

And this is my outdoor working hat---I finally found one big enough to fit and stay on my head.

Here are some more random pictures of spring-related stuff.







Our kids love to shuck corn on the cob, and eat it too.

And Shad has been loving the grill. We've used it more in the last month than we have the past few summers combined.

I'm grateful for Spring.




I'm grateful that the kids pick me "flowers" every day.




And I'm grateful that my kids aren't shy of water this year.

Good times.


No comments: