5.22.2010

graduation and father/son campout


Drake had his Kindergarten Graduation yesterday.

They sang a bunch of songs, and then the teachers handed out the "diplomas".

Here is a video. I think it's funny that they have Kindergarten Graduation, but it's fun for the kids.
o

Graham and Avery enjoyed it too.

We took the kids to McDonald's for lunch right after. Drake is studying the words on his happy meal quite seriously.

I never get our kids Happy Meals, so this was a big treat for them.

That afternoon, Shad took the boys and left for our ward's Father & Son Campout.

Shad was the only one that I could get to smile normal for a picture.

Oh well. After they left, Avery and I had our own little "Girls' Night". We mostly ran errands, but we also stopped at a bakery to enjoy some yummy treats together. It was fun hanging out with just Avery.

After I put Avery to bed, I decided to paint the back wall in the kitchen blue.

It used to be the same cream color you see on the right, but I've always wanted it blue like the rest of the kitchen, so I finally got 'er done. I was tempted to paint the other wall too, but I didn't have permission for that yet.

While I painted, the boys had a good time camping. It was a nice night for both of us.

Well, this morning I woke up to see a little snow on the ground and ice on the wire fences.

And it wasn't too long before it started to snow.

It snowed, and snowed, and snowed.

So much for Spring and warm weather...

While I didn't get it too bad, Shad and the boys woke up to this:

Not the ideal camping trip, but they still made the most of it.

Despite the snow and cold, they still went fishing and caught a couple fish.

And if Graham doesn't look happy in this picture, it's because he wasn't. He was cold and miserable all morning.

By the time they got home, Graham was in better spirits. The boys were excited to eat the fish they'd caught.

I'm glad Shad takes them camping every year. They really enjoy it. And I can't wait for another Mother/Daughter night. :)


No comments: