5.26.2010

Last day of school


Even though Drake's birthday isn't until after school is out, he was still assigned a day during the last week of school to bring his birthday treats. He chose to do cupcakes with gummi bears on top. They even sang to him. And he had extra, which he gave to his bus driver and the assistant. He was very excited.

It's been fun to see his interest in reading and writing grow throughout the school year. Just a few days ago, I found he had written something on the dry-erase board in his bedroom (that wasn't there when I'd put him to bed the night before).

It must have been a hard night.

I think Avery and Graham will miss their morning bonding time now that Drake will be home all day.

But I also think that Graham and Drake will have even more fun together, now that Drake will be home all day.

I was going to try to get a picture of Drake running towards me from the bus, but I wasn't quite ready and he was fast.

So here he is running home. I'm excited to have him home every day.

I can't believe he's already finished his first year of school.

And he's already counting down until next year.


No comments: