10.23.2009

sweets and treats


These are just some random pictures of food...

Graham brought me a hot dog for a snack one day but said I couldn't eat it. I often get fed plastic food. My kids are nice to share.

We had pie for Shad's birthday (back in April), and I made this cake the next day, just because.

No one seemed to mind that there was another dessert to eat.


Graham loves "lickies".

He also loves cheese.

I think they were eating popsicles here, in the morning, in their pajamas.

We were about 45 minute from home, and decided to get our kids some kiddie cones to eat for part of the drive home, because they had been very good at whatever we had dragged them to.


This may have been the first time we just gave Avery her own cone and let her go at it.

Let's just say that she finished her cone first.




This was chalk...

Graham gave Avery a whole apple one day, and she ate it--all of it.

Pastel de choclo: a Chilean dish we fixed when we had the missionaries over for dinner one night.

Drake brings a snack to school once a month. For October, we made "witch broomsticks"...

and witch hats. I like to encourage healthy snacks.

With the abundance of apples we picked in Rexburg, the kids have been loving their "slinky apples", as they call them.

The kids helped me dry a bunch one day.

They were happy to help with the coring and peeling.


I told them to arrange the apple slices right next to each other all around the tray until they couldn't fit anymore. It was fun to see how precise they were about it.

I didn't help them arrange apples at all. They were proud.

Now that pomegranates are cheaper, we've been enjoying those too.

Speaking of sweet...

No comments: