10.19.2009

choir reunion weekend


We spent a couple days in Rexburg so Shad could participate in the alumni choir reunion/concert at BYU-Idaho (formerly Ricks college). I love seeing the temple up on the hill.

Our kids had a good time with Amber, who also came up for it.


Saturday morning, Shad went to a rehearsal for the concert. I saw an ad in the newspaper that morning that we could pick apples up on campus for cheap, so while Shad was practicing, I took the kids to pick apples.

There were a lot of apples.


Drake and Graham shared a bag, and me and Avery shared a bag.

The boys filled their bag up quick.

Avery and I were a little slower.

I think they really enjoyed being able to pick a bunch of apples.

They enjoyed it so much that we left with about 30 pounds worth.

That afternoon was the concert. I didn't take any pictures inside the concert hall, but let me just say that it truly was a moving concert. On the very first song, I was blown away by not only the amazing sound, but the great feeling that came with it. I knew I was in for a good concert, and it didn't disappoint.

Following the concert was a casual reception in a nearby room with punch and cookies. They had nametags by the door for us to fill out. I had the guy standing by the table just write "Shad's wife" on mine. I figured people would know me better by that name than my own. We spent some time there talking and visiting with a bunch of different people.

Following the reception we went straight over to the banquet at the Crossroads in the Manwaring Center.

Shad's good friend scooted our tables together so we could all still talk.

It was a nice dinner with some really good speakers. It was fun to hang out for a little bit with Shad's friends from days gone by. Hopefully we'll see them again before another reunion rolls around.

Amber and I walked back to their parents' home (it was a nice night) and found the kids as happy as can be.

Many thanks to Haeli's roommate and Shad's parents for watching our sweet kids all afternoon and into the evening.

I found Drake over at Shad's grandmother's home, watching Lawrence Welk with her. He had gone over with Shad's dad to visit. When "Papa" was ready to head back home, Drake decided that he'd rather stay and watch Lawrence Welk with Grandma.

Drake finished out the night by helping to arrange apples to be dried.

We had a good time in Rexburg, and I'm glad I was able to get a taste of Shad's Ricks choir experience.


It made me want to have a choir reunion of my own.


1 comment:

Lucky Larson's said...

We should have a Arapahoe Concert Choir reunion! Fun~