2.17.2009

weekend in utah



The beginning of February, we drove down to Utah for several events.  The first was the wedding reception of my cousin's son, Josh, who married Morgan.  The reception was really fun.  We got to see a whole bunch of family from my mom's side.  I don't get to see them very often, so it's fun to stay in touch in person once in a while.

Another wonderful thing about the reception was the ice cream bar... need I say more?

Sunday, we went to church at my Uncle Bob and Aunt Catherine's ward.  They just got home from a two year mission in the Oakland Temple Visitor's Center, and they loved it.  It was neat to hear of some of their experiences.  The choir that sang during the meeting was made up of about two dozen women who had served with Bob and Catherine at some point.  Very cool.

Unfortunately, for the "homecoming" fun, I left my camera in the car, and it was quite the walk to go back and get it, so I stole this picture of "the cousins" from one of my cousin's blogs (Thanks Deborah).


Aside from those two events, the rest of the weekend was spent just hanging out with the siblings.  With our car parked just a few feet from the apartment, it was easy to grab the camera.

Ah, brothers.


We had a good time just watching the two of them go at it.


Drake has been introduced to wrestling, and likes it, but he usually gets a little carried away, in the silly sense; either that, or he gets tired of Graham beating him.


Yes, that's right, sweet, silent Graham can "win" a wrestling match with Drake.  He's often the first to initiate it.


I think Jayden wanted in on this match.  Check out those bright blue eyes and hypnotic stare.  I love it.


You are getting very sleepy...


Jayden is Nathan's little boy, and he's growing up fast.  He's a cute kid and he loves to smile.


Trent decided to get a haircut from Adrienne (Nathan's wife).  His wife, Amy, took mental notes.


Amy was also in charge of wetting his hair.  I think she's got it down.


We played a fun game that involves a whole lot of dice and whole lot of randomness.  It's called Dicecapades.  One of the things my brothers had to do was arm wrestle, and whoever won the challenge got to advance their playing piece.


Neither wanted to lose... I think they finally just called it even.


We had a fun weekend.  On the way home we stopped at Shad's grandparents house to say hi for a bit.  Shad's grandma adores Avery and looks forward to seeing her any chance she gets.


Whenever we're with family, on either side, it always makes me wish we were closer.


But I don't usually mind the drive home, and apparently neither does Drake.  Nothing will stop that kid from sleeping when he wants to.  Nothing.

No comments: