2.25.2009

mirror update

When we first moved in, this was the bathroom on the main level.


Beautiful, I know.  So we put on a splash of nice blue paint.  Take note of the cabinet.


When it comes to the cabinet in the bathroom, I liked having the easily-accessed storage.  But that's about it.  Most soap dispensers were too tall to go under it, and it just didn't lend much to making the counter space look "nice".

So, I finally picked out some wood, we removed the cabinet, and Shad put his skills to work to make me a nice frame to go around the mirror.  Voilá!


And we replaced the light fixture... not that we didn't appreciate the home-made one that used to be there, of course.


The cabinet will end up in my "craft room" downstairs, where I will appreciate it much more.  Once I have the counters clean, I'll take a better after picture so you can see how much it opens up the bathroom.  All in good time.


2 comments:

Lorie said...

It turned out beautifully! What a great job! And your bathroom looks like new!

kjgray75 said...

I love seeing your house updates. It will be even better to see them in person sometime. Keep up the great work!