2.10.2009

doing nice things

One day, me and the kids were sitting in our van, waiting at a bus stop to pick up Drake's friend Saige, a girl who hangs out with us two afternoons a week.  While we were sitting there, I decided to get out and wheel someone's garbage can from the curb back to their house, since I knew the garbage had already been picked up the day before.

When I got back in the car, the following conversation ensued.

"Mom, why did you do that?" Drake asked.

"So they don't have to walk all the way out to the street to get their garbage can," I responded.

"Because they can't walk that far?"

"Oh, I'm sure they can walk just fine.  But sometimes it's just good to do nice things for people, because it makes you feel good and it makes them happy."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah; like giving people roast beef and chicken."

Exactly.

And since I can't do a post without pictures, here's some random pictures of the boys.

Apparently, Drake had accidentally poked his eye with his finger, or something.  In our house (or at least in Drake's mind) a band-aid has all-healing power.


Graham sleeping, really.


Playing together, kind of.


Vegging together.


And sharing together.

Roast beef and chicken anyone?

No comments: