6.01.2010

sweet 2-year old


So our sweet little Avery had her 2nd birthday.

We started the morning off with scrambled eggs, because it's a breakfast she loves.

Then she opened presents.

Apparently we didn't even have time to take off her bib after breakfast.

Sporting her new sunglasses, kind of.

We got her dressed in a new dress that she opened from her Nana, per her request, and I attempted putting her hair in pigtails.

This is the first time I've ever pulled her hair back like this and I almost didn't recognize her.

I'm so used to seeing curls all around her head and face that I did a double take every time I saw her.

I still think she looked cute though.

This is a video of her twirling around in her new dress.

We had cupcakes and ice cream cones to celebrate.


I think she enjoyed the ice cream more than the cupcake.

It's amazing how fast kids grow up, and how much they change in such a short amount of time.


If there is one word to describe Avery right now, it would be "joy". She truly just radiates happiness and makes everything seem better.

She has been a wonderful joy to have in our home. She keeps us smiling with her funny expressions and the way she says things (Not too long ago I accidentally bumped something off the counter and her immediate response was, "Be careful. Be careful Mom."). Hardly a day goes by where we don't comment on her cuteness or sweetness. Avery is a wonderful daughter and a fun-loving sister. We love her, we love her, we love her.


No comments: