12.31.2008

trent's wedding

trent and amy
december 20, 2008



On a beautiful Saturday morning, Trent and Amy were sealed for time and all eternity.  It was a happy fun-filled day.  The inside of the Mesa Temple is beautiful!  The sealing of Trent and Amy was even more so.  After the ceremony, we waited outside until Trent and Amy made their debut.  It was so nice to enjoy a wedding in December on a warm, sunny day.


While we waited, I took lots of pictures, as is my norm.  All of my siblings (and their spouses if applicable) were there, so that was really fun, because we only all get together usually once a year, if we're lucky.  So in no particular order...

matt: my kids' favorite uncle in idaho


dan: my older brother and his family (minus two of their kids who are with his mom-in-law)


landon: my youngest brother


justin: getting ready for a mission
(he's almost as thrilled to be here as he was to sit next to Shad in the car)


nathan: him and his wife just graduated from byu


melissa: her and her family live in Tucson where her husband is going to school


and us: also missing two of our kids, who were with Shad's parents


Some of my dad's siblings made the trip, so it was fun to see them. This is one of my dad's brothers and his wife.


My dad's dad.


My dad's mom holding Lincoln.


My sister's husband and my own, holding our kiddos so that we can mingle.  Aren't they handsome?  I always think babies look so good on dads.  It makes me smile, and take pictures.


I can't remember what was so interesting, but I'm sure it was great.


And then the happy couple came out, and many more pictures followed...


I think they look great together... and happy together.


Really happy together.  Could anyone else be as happy?


Ooooh..... almost.


This is the couple with Amy's family.


The excitement wore Avery right out.


These citrus trees were on the front lawn of the temple grounds.


Pretty Amy.


This is the couple with Trent's siblings.  I think Justin was trying to squeeze Melissa out of the equation...


Someone thought it would be fun to pick Trent up...


...and then we posed, 'cause that's what you do.  And the shoes I was wearing didn't help in the matter---the thin heels basically aerated the ground as I walked, so you can imagine how much they sunk down upon trying to stand while holding Trent.


Trent and his favorite sisters.


Amy with hers.


The happy couple with my parents, also very happy (Another kid married...check).


Trent and Amy with my parents and my dad's parents.


The newlyweds with their folks.


Happy day.


After the wedding we drove down to Tucson for the brunch and the reception.  Amy's family had made up some "travel bags" to keep us from starving on the way down.


And Trent and Amy made a personalized crossword puzzle to help us get to know them better.


Our drive down was really exciting.


We ate lunch at Amy's parents' home.  It was a beautiful home.  In their backyard was a nice, big grapefruit tree.  I don't know what was going on under there though.  I didn't ask.


I liked the walkway leading up to their front door, and decided to get some pictures of Avery sitting on it.  Her cousin who is just 5 days younger, was sitting a few feet away, getting his picture taken too.


  One of Amy's sisters mentioned they had a little bench out in the backyard, so we hauled both kids back there to take pictures of them together.

They sat very well during the little photo shoot.


Well, Lincoln sat well.  Avery soon changed her mind about the whole thing.


And decided she was done.


And didn't want to cooperate any longer.  Lincoln could have sat there all night probably.


I think these were spies, or something.


After a nice lunch and pictures and visiting, it was time for the reception.  It was decorated beautifully!  It really had a nice atmosphere.

This was centered on the ceiling and the white fabric spanned out to the walls.


The cake.


The sweet water jug.


The lovely, live background music (she even took requests).


The centerpieces (without the flash, you would see a cool blue light shining up from the center, illuminating the branches--very cool).


Avery slept most of the time.  She loved it.


The guestbook.


The favors.



An almost-full-room view.


A really hungry person about to enjoy some of the good food.


The line.


This was where the real party was at.  Do they look excited or what?


My sister made this amazingly delicious cake.  My brothers helped with the frosting.


Cutting the cake.


Eating the cake...


...or at least trying to.


Mmmmm.


Trent and Amy weren't the only cake exchangers.  Nathan and Adrienne didn't even have to get their hands dirty...


And finally, the happy couple went out to their decorated car.


I couldn't hear them, but I can imagine Amy's dad was saying, "Trent, welcome to the family.  If you mess up by even the smallest degree, you answer to me, son."  Or maybe he was saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."


I think most of us felt like this by the end of the night.  


We stayed at Melissa and Landon's place that night.  I must have been really tired or not thinking to have not taken any pictures of it.  It's a very cute place.  Thanks again you two for sharing your home with us.

The next morning, at 4:00 a.m., we left Tucson for the long, not-gonna-hit-any-dogs-this-time drive home.


We went the Las Vegas way this time (I told you we didn't want to hit another dog) and stopped for a little while at the Hoover Dam.  If you haven't seen it in person, it's pretty cool.


Cute dad and daughter.


A bridge is being built, if you can see it, that will allow cars a different way to cross the dam.


Taking in the surroundings.


Nathan and family.


There was nothing too eventful on the drive home, thankfully.  It was a short, busy weekend, with lots of driving, but we wouldn't have missed it.  Congratulations again Trent and Amy!


2 comments:

mackyton said...

This post has so much to admire for. The decorations, little babies, the place, everything looks perfect to me. I must look for one of the event venues Chicago like this for my daughter’s wedding. Ah! Even I can’t wait to see my family getting together on this occasion.

Unknown said...

ucuz takipçi
ucuz takipçi
tiktok izlenme satın al
binance güvenilir mi
okex güvenilir mi
paribu güvenilir mi
bitexen güvenilir mi
coinbase güvenilir mi