12.05.2008

random november pics

In November, we got a good, healthy dose of family, and it was fun.  We were gone every weekend but one (and even that weekend, Shad was still gone).  We went to Rexburg the first two weekends so Shad could help his dad finish their basement.  During one of those weekends Shad's sister, Amber (who currently lives in Las Vegas) was there too.  It was fun to see her, since we don't get to very often.

Amber and Avery.



The third weekend in November, I stayed home with the kids while Shad went to Rexburg again.  Shad really enjoys working with his dad.  If he knows his dad is going to be working on a project, he'll try to make sure he can be there working right along-side him.  So while Shad was out of town, I had high hopes of getting a lot done around our house.  But then I remembered I've got three munchkins running around.  Oh well.  They're more fun anyway.

Graham (with I-just-woke-up hair) "reading" to Avery.

Graham entertaining Avery while I took pictures, I mean, uh, while I worked.


Another fort...


...with a surprise!


During the weeks, when we were actually home, most of our time was spent cleaning/packing/shopping/organizing before the holidays hit, thus the randomness of these pictures.  

This is a random chalk drawing Drake did on our steps out back one day, in November, when Avery was over five months old.  He said it was a picture of me when I was pregnant with Avery.  He drew a sad face on me because I was sad that Avery wasn't here yet.


As we got closer to Thanksgiving, I had a dentist appointment to fix some "broken" fillings in my top-right and bottom-left molars.  I wanted to be able to enjoy the good food.  :)  This is me afterward, trying as hard as I can to smile on both sides of my mouth.  Please don't let the close-up scare you.


Graham hit his lip on something--no blood, so nothing major-- and insisted on a band-aid.  I just thought it was cute.  The band-aid didn't last very long.


The week before Thanksgiving, we made Turkey Cookies.  Here's Drake proudly displaying his.


My brother Matt rode with us out to Colorado for Thanksgiving.  Being the good brother that he is, he fixed the rotors on our Buick the morning before we left.  I don't know if you can see the little camp chair in the picture---Drake was a great help and just sat and watched him.  Thanks again Matt!


The fourth weekend, we left for Colorado.
Next post:  Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Jen said...

'bout time lady. 'bout time...:)