7.25.2008

Likening the Scriptures... as a 4-year old

So yesterday I was trying to get Drake to clean up a mess that he had made with water. He was trying to tell me he didn't have to. As I kept trying to convince him to clean it up, he finally said, "Can I tell you something?" I said, "Sure." So Drake went on by saying, "We read a story about a wicked man who wanted to be king and he told everybody what to do." (At that moment, I was so proud that he'd remembered a scripture story, and praised him for his good memory.) Then, looking me right in the eye, he continued by saying, "You can't tell me what to do either."

I had to remind him that I'm his mother and not a wicked man, but if he's coming at me with that kind of reasoning now, I don't know what I'm going to do when he's a teenager!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness! That is a hilarious story! Drake is a smart little kiddo. I could totally picture it, too. Too funny!

Gordita said...

Wow! What a talented kid to process that story and liken it to his life. Too bad he used it against you. :)