7.12.2008

Happy 90th Birthday Ruth!

The last weekend in July, I made a quick trip to Utah with the kids and my brother Matt. My great grandmother, Ruth, turned 90, and my dad's family was throwing her a big surprise party in Salt Lake. Shad stayed in Idaho so he could go to the wedding of one of his really good friends from high school. So Matt and I drove down Friday night just to drive back up Saturday night, but it was fun, although my brother got a taste of what it was like to travel with three kids...


This is my brother Matt, walking around in the middle of nowhere with Graham (Drake was asleep) because I had to pull off on some random exit to feed Avery because she was screaming her head off. They had a nice walk. The kids were fine the rest of the drive down... oh, except for the last ten or fifteen minutes of the trip when Graham started crying, and then Avery started to cry because Graham wouldn't stop, and Drake woke up and wasn't in the best of moods himself. Matt and I just looked at each other and smiled. Thanks Matt, for putting up with your sister and her children.



When we got into town, we first went to Shad's grandparents in Bountiful so they could see little Avery. We spent some time there just visiting and passing Avery around. It wasn't until much later that I realized I'd forgotten to take any pictures at their home. From there, we grabbed some "really healthy" fast food and went to stay the night at Shad's Aunt Sandi's place. I won't tell you what time it was when my kids finally got to eat dinner... Below is a pic of Sandi with Avery. The boys loved playing with all of Sandi's toys that night and the next morning. Thanks again Sandi.



This is at the surprise party---my brother Landon and Drake.



Graham found this rocker and just sat on it by himself for a while.



Here's a 5 generation shot---my mom (back left), me, and Avery, with my dad's mom (front right) and her step-mom-in-law Ruth (front left, who the party was for). Not really a direct bloodline, but 5 generations nonetheless.



My dad holding his newest granddaughter for the first time.



My mom with Avery--I like her beady little eyes in this shot.



This is Saturday night back out our place in Pocatello. My family drove up because we blessed Avery the next day in our ward. My brother Nathan and his wife Adrienne (who live in Provo) came up as well. Here's the bunch of them laughing while playing a game called "Curses".


I always love it when anyone comes to visit/stay with us, especially when it's family. Our basement should be done soon, and then we'll actually have decent accommodations for anyone that wants to come up (that's an open invitation, by the way)!

No comments: