11.30.2010

fake tree


A couple years ago we bought a fake tree after Christmas.  It was cheap because it was the display tree and on clearance.   This was our first year setting it up.  We set up their Christmas train underneath it.

I thought it would be fun for the kids to have their own tree downstairs that they could decorate how they want, without my worrying about how it looked or having to water it.

Well, decorate it they did, before I even finished bending the branches to make it look more filled in.  And yes, the top part of the tree didn't light up for these pictures, but they did eventually work.

The kids found some very colorful "decorations".

And it doesn't bother me one bit that there is a game and a stuffed animal decorating the tree, because it's the kids' tree, and they're proud of it.

And I haven't even finished bending the branches.


1 comment:

Shad said...

What Christmas tree would be complete without a sword?