9.02.2010

First Grader's First Day


Well, Drake had his first day of school. He wanted me to drive him there and pick him up, so we might do that for a little while until he's ready to start taking the bus again.

It was fun to hear him talk all about what they learned and what they did and what he liked about his first day. He also told me that he didn't eat all of his lunch and just threw the rest away. Glad he's honest.

When I got back home from dropping Drake off at school, the other two were enjoying some time with their dad before he headed off to work.

Since neither Graham nor Avery had anything to look forward to today, I decided to take them out to lunch.

It was fun just hanging out with these two again, although I did miss Drake.

I made a bib (a.k.a. poncho) for my sister that I meant to finish in March.

It didn't take very long, so I might actually get around to making some more for her and others that I've had in mind....

And another first we had besides school was 3-year old Graham riding his bike without training wheels.

His back tire was flat, so Shad took it apart to fix it.

After he put the wheel back on, we decided to just keep the training wheels off and see how Graham did, since he's been wanting to try for a while.

The kid loves it. He went up and down the street, and even turned around without any problems.

I have a guess he'll be outside a lot before the colder weather sets in.

And I'm glad, because it's one more thing he can do while Drake is gone at school.


No comments: