8.25.2009

1st day of school...


When Drake was three years old, anticipating his approaching birthday, he would say, "I'm going to turn four, and then I'll turn five, and then I can go to Kindergarten."

Needless to say, he's been counting down to school for a long time now...

...and in several different ways, too. Here, he taped a piece of paper to the inside of our front door, on which he'd written "19", because there were 19 days until school.

So I decided to help him make a chain to countdown with, so we wouldn't have little papers taped all over our door.

Eventually, the big day came.

Drake woke up extra early, extra excited. And yes, that's a band-aid wrapper. Drake insisted we finish the chain with that.

He hardly ate any breakfast because he wanted to get his stuff together and go.

I can't believe I already have a child in school.

I still remember the day he was born.

We finally made it to his school.

He goes in the morning.

And comes home in time for lunch.

I walk to the bus stop with this sweet girl

and this happy boy to pick up Drake when the bus drops him off.

These two love watching for the bus.

And Drake loves riding the bus.

His friend gets off with him some days, and we walk back to the house.

Drake really enjoys school.


To be a kid again...


2 comments:

Anne said...

I love the way you documented this important moment. It lookslike you live in a really beautiful place.

Gordita said...

Drake could not be any cuter! I love the kid and I've never even met him.