5.26.2009

memorial day


We spent Friday and Saturday at home, working on projects inside and out. But for Sunday afternoon and Monday, we went down to Utah to spend some time with Shad's family.

It was the first time I'd seen his grandparents' tree bloom these yellow hangy things, and I really liked it.

And at least once a year, if not more, we drive into Salt Lake...

... to go to the Salt Lake Cemetery...

...to visit my little brother's grave.

I was only two years old when he died, but I still have some faint memories of him.

And I want my kids to know they have an uncle that's already in heaven, and that they'll get to meet him someday.

When I was growing up, my parents would always leave a pinwheel by his headstone, so we do too.

I look forward to seeing him again someday, and seeing all my relatives and friends that have passed on.

We spent most of our time at Shad's sister Mandi's home. I just like this picture of Avery.

It's fun for all the cousins to see each other, and to see their grandparents too. This is Owen with "Nana".

This is Avery again.

Amber brought bubbles for all the kids.

They had a good time with them.

And even stopped riding bikes long enough to enjoy them.

Graham had to concentrate very hard.

Oh look, it's Avery again, this time with "Papa".

This is some of the crew just hanging out inside.

It's fun to be with family.

We try to make it to what events we can.

Drake always enjoys playing with his cousins (and their toys).

It was a nice Memorial Day.



No comments: