8.19.2008

our yard/field/dirt area

I still don't have our digital camera back from when we left it in Provo, so I'm gonna put up some pictures that were already on the computer, as well as some that I've been "forced" to take with my film camera (which I love, but it just costs more).

With as much time as Shad has spent inside, you'd think we might have neglected the outside. Well, we have. But not completely. Amazingly enough, we've been able to just barely keep up with our yard and our garden. I say "we", but I mean mostly Shad. I have helped out some, but usually the kids are louder than the yard. So here are some of the outside projects...


Drake and Graham, each with their own tools, love to help Shad. You can see all the tall weeds... those covered about half of our "future" backyard. The field grass/weeds out further, by the pasture, were taller than me.



This is Shad and Russell Johnson hauling a big pile of junk and dirt out of our backyard and into a dumpster, using Russell's tractor. Him and Joan were wonderful to help us out so much.



Their daughter, Holly, hanging out with the boys. Avery was asleep behind her in the swing. Because Holly was there to keep an eye on the kids, I was actually able to go weed in the garden for a while.



This is a 15-yard roll-off container, which I didn't think we'd fill. I was wrong. I guess we had a lot more junk back there than I realized, sadly enough.



This is Shad cutting down our weed field with our neighbor's trimmer. He's excited.



We're trying to trick our kids into thinking work is fun...



...it might be working.



Here's the used-to-be-overgrown part of our backyard after all the weeds were cut down.



Next summer we plan on doing more outdoors, since our basement soaked up our time this summer. Thanks again my sweet Shad!



No comments: