8.12.2008

the basement

I would have had this post up sooner, but I didn't have all the "after" shots, and I accidentally left our camera in Provo when we were down there a week and a half ago for graduation. So I finally just took some "After" pics tonight with our cell phone, so I could post this and be done with it. Once we get our camera back, there will be more posts of more recent stuff.

So we're still not completely done fixing up the basement, but done with the big things, and done enough that I can post before and after pics and give you a good idea of what's transpired over the course of the summer. Shad has been wonderful in all the time he has spent working on our basement. And we couldn't have done it without good friends and Shad's dad Brett--he not only did a TON of the work, but he's fast too! Thanks again!

So now for the pictures.


These are the stairs from the kitchen which lead down to our basement.

Before


During


After



Once you get down the stairs, you can turn left or right. Turning left takes you to the bathroom and the existing bedroom.

Bathroom Before
(under the dirty mats was a big hole in the gross, uneven concrete)


After.
(Shad put in the new sink and tile floor--he does good work!)


More before.


More after.



Just past the bathroom is the bedroom.
Before.


After.


This is an "after painted, before carpet" shot, but it shows the new egressed window better.


Before again.


After.




Drake still says he liked the "blue room" better.

If you turn right at the bottom of the stairs, you walk into what was once a big, long family room. We put up a wall and added a second bedroom downstairs.

North Side Before.


North Side During.


North Side After.




South Side Before.


South Side During.




South Side After.


And finally, the new bedroom (added on the North Side)





I can't tell you how nice it is to finally have it done. Thanks Shad. Before we started working on the basement, Drake and Graham would not go downstairs by themselves---Shad or I had to be with them or they were too scared. Now that it's actually a nice place to be, they go down by themselves all the time. Thanks Shad and Brett and everyone else who helped throughout the process.

And a special thanks to our three "bumpkins" who were so patient and "helpful" during it all.

6 comments:

The Jen said...

WOW! Awesome job you guys! I can't believe how much work you did, and it looks awesome, I really love the bathroom.

Trenton said...

it looks good enough that i might just have to come stay there sometime and play with the kids!
love you guys. i'll call you guys when i have a house that needs restoration;)

Johnson Family said...

That looks like it was a ton of work, but it looks great! Little Avery is a doll, we can't wait to meet her!!!!

Andrea said...

I am impressed. The basement looks awesome!

The Moore Family said...

Hey Angela! It is Amy Moore, remember me? The Cedar 1st ward and your best primary teacher!! I was blog surfing (we all do it) and found you guys and was so excited! I can't believe you have 3 kids now! Where did the time go?? Drake is so big and your other 2 or adorable!! Anyways, check out our blog at www.wantsomemoore.blogspot.com!
(on my blog you can check out Brad (my bro.) and Becky Allen!) gotta love this blogging stuff!

Mary said...

Wow, you guys have been busy!! I bet that's so nice...like having a whole new house! And your garden is awesome! (I can barely keep my herbs alive.) And a fussball table... Ang, are you trying to get the guys to come over again? ;)