6.03.2008

Avery Melissa Johnson is here!

She has finally arrived! Avery was born at 6:53 a.m. on Sunday, June 1, 2008. She weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz., measuring 21 inches long, and is just beautiful. If you want some details, keep reading... if you just want to see pictures, feel free to skip all the words.

I woke up around 3:45 a.m. Sunday morning to go to the bathroom, and was just laying awake in bed afterward when my water broke at 4:00 a.m.. I woke up Shad about fifteen minutes later, and for the next half hour or so, we got all our stuff together, got things put together for Drake and Graham, and cleaned up little things around the house. Around 5:00 a.m., we called our friend, Joan, to come over and be here when the boys woke up.

We got to the hospital around 5:30 a.m., and my doctor was already at the Labor and Delivery desk, just waiting for us (he was on call this weekend). They took their time getting me into a room, and it wasn't until shortly after 6:00 a.m. that they checked me for the first time. It got the nurse's attention when she discovered I was already 8 c.m. dilated! She immediately started getting all the stuff ready for the delivery.

My contractions remained fairly consistent for the next half-hour or so. Around 6:45ish, I got a really strong, extra-painful contraction. After two or three more intense contractions, I knew her arrival was just moments away. On the next contraction, and a few pushes later, our sweet little Avery was born, happy and healthy. It's always such a miraculous experience, and I feel very blessed to be able to bear children. And now I have a sweet little girl!


Just moments after she arrived, before getting her cleaned up.



Proud dad.



Shot of her chunky 9 lb. body and cute, dark hair.



Prettied up after a nice bath.



Proud dad again.



Graham was pretty excited about a baby.



We'll see what he thinks in a few more days, when she's still around.



Graham and Drake having fun on mom's hospital bed.



Drake couldn't stop saying "She's so cute. She's so cute..."



Nice shot of me in my gown and our three kids. Wow--three already!



Sweet kisses. Today, Drake was pointing out her "cute little fingers."



Sweet Avery sleeping in Daddy's arms.



Just another shot.



I shot this right before feeding her, so she'd actually be awake. She's a chunker.



I was trying to get a shot of her dark head of hair.



This is what she looks like most often--she definitely got her sleeping abilities from her dad!


I can't believe it's been almost 3 whole days since she's arrived. We're both doing well. I feel pretty good, and we have lots of help. Avery likes to sleep, so that makes it easier for me to get rest. Drake and Graham seem to be adjusting all right. Graham loves to point at Avery and say "Baby", and Drake likes to say how "cute" she is, and point out her "cute little" features. I just feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, caring husband, and now three precious, little children. Life is wonderful.

7 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

She is beautiful!!! I love the dark hair and the sweet cheeks. I am so glad everything went well and she arrived safely. Congratulations. I love the name Avery. Thanks for sharing the pictures. She is so cute.

Robin Pedersen said...

WOW. You have big babies VERY QUICKLY just like your mom. Congratulations! You are wonderful parents and we are so happy for all of you.

Liz K. said...

Congratulations from the Kampschroeders! What a beautiful baby! We hope all is well and you are getting some sleep!

Love, Koby, Liz, Claire Caroline & Andrew

Allie White said...

CONGRATS!!!!! What a beautiful little lady you have!! I'm so glad that everything went well, and that you finally got to meet her. My Mom called me the night she was born. It's so wonderful!! Congratulations from all of us.
Allie, Kevin, Lucy & baby

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! She is totally adorable and I love hearing how the boys are reacting. Chance would be just like Graham, every once in awhile pointing at the baby and saying "baby," it's one of his prefered words right now actually. :) Hopefully all is going well and that you're getting some rest in between all the craziness.

periwinkle4 said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable! I love that her big brothers love her! You all look so great and happy. I'm glad that your delivery went so well. She's beautiful! Lucky girls have two big brothers ; )

Stacy said...

What a beautiful baby! She looks so sweet! I'm glad everything went well. I love the name Avery! Let me know if you need anything.