4.18.2008

The Big Log

So we've had a huge, and I mean HUGE log sitting in our backyard since we moved in. We thought of trying to incorporate it into our landscaping somehow, but only because we couldn't move it anywhere. Well, a guy in our neighborhood came over one day to till up our old garden area with his friend's tractor, and he saw the log and decided he could get rid of it for us. So he had his son run home to get his chainsaw. An hour later, he, along with several other grown men and his buddies tractor, had rid us of the big log. I kept the first cut they made to use as a table for the kids, but the rest they took away!

This picture shows the tractor (behind the shed) with the second piece they cut. The rest of the log is just to the right of the little shed, behind the snow patch. I think the shed is six feet wide, to give you an idea of the size of the remaining log on the ground (after at least 5 or 6 feet or more had already been cut off).

This is just a close-up of the tractor hauling off a piece.

This is what I found Drake and Graham doing when I finally came inside to check on them.

Besides the snitching of the peanut butter, the boys just sat by the back door and watched everything going on.


Sometime in the future, I'll post pictures of that little shed when it's been converted into a nice little playhouse for the boys... someday.

2 comments:

Chad and Teri said...

At least the PB is kinda healthy; my kids find things like marshmellows and starbursts in the back of the food cupboard. Such cute boys.

Stacy said...

Hi there Angela! Cute blog! I love all the pictures. Isn't this the best way to scrapbook. I found a website where you can publish your blog into a book. It's www.blurb.com You'll have to check it out. I think I'm going to do it maybe a year at a time. Anyways it's fun having friends like you in the ward!