10.21.2010

fun in the fall


We picked all our pumpkins and dug up our carrots.

The kids have been eating a lot of carrots.  They don't always rinse them off, so Avery often has a ring of dirt around her mouth...

Graham's garden put out some mini pumpkins.  I like to use them for decoration in our home.


More pumpkins, obviously.

We tried planting watermelon again this year--two different varieties.  The plants didn't die, but they certainly didn't get enough water to grow very much.

The kids still ate what little there was. 


Our front flower bed is full of color.




The kids enjoy playing in the dirt by the house that we have yet to do anything with.

Drake took it upon himself one day to carve a few pumpkins out back.

I don't even know what he used to carve them... and I'm not sure I want to.

I'm just grateful he had a good time and didn't hurt himself in the process.

And lastly, the kids decided to use the fallen leaves in our backyard for a fence decoration.

A barbed wire fence...

It kept them busy for a while.

And yes, I was right there and they were careful.
No kids were hurt in the making of this decoration.


No comments: