10.06.2010

Conference weekend


Conference weekend was fun for us because a bunch of my family made the trip to our place and hung out for a few days.

Seeing my most recent nephew, Cannon, made me more anxious for our little girl to arrive.

We mostly just sat around and talked, or ate food, or watched/listened to conference, but I enjoyed just being with family.

My kids always love seeing relatives too.

Drake took it upon himself to drill screws into the posts on our back patio.

Here they're playing combat, or something.

They look pretty fierce, huh?

Here's a random shot of us getting ready to eat.

Homemade goodness (Trent and Amy--not me).


See how happy food makes people?

I enjoyed the weekend, despite being overdue.  Friends and family are always welcome to visit (hint, hint).

I think Matt's upset here because they had to leave and go back to their own homes.

Matt and Micah were the last ones to leave, besides my mom (who stayed another week to watch our other kids while we had a baby).   Just as Matt pulled away, Shad and I also pulled out of the driveway to head to the hospital to have a baby.  She was born an hour and a half later.  I have to admit it was really nice to be able to see and hang out with my family the whole weekend, instead of sitting in a hospital.  At the same time, I kind of wish Lindy had come a day earlier so everyone could have met her.  Oh well.  At least the thought of seeing a brand new baby got people to come visit... and having a new baby fresh from heaven was a perfect ending to a spiritually uplifting and motivating weekend.


No comments: