3.15.2010

r.s. activity and my birthday


This is the first pheasant sighting of the year. Spring is getting closer.


The weekend of my birthday, our ward had a big Relief Society activity that was held on Friday night and Saturday morning.


Friday night, the focus was on Christ and the women in His life.


A lot of thought and time and effort went into the program and it turned out really well.


Before the program we had a nice dinner.




The program itself was a presentation given by seven women portraying women who were a part of Christ's life somehow (His mother, Mary Magdalene, etc.).


Each got up and took their turn reading their part. I really enjoyed it.


Here are the beautiful ladies.


Saturday morning, we served breakfast.


After breakfast, you could go to one or more of the stations and work on a project that would be given to someone in need.










Then we had a terrific keynote speaker who talked about nurturing the rising generation.




Soup and such was then served for lunch


It was a fun couple days and I'm glad it went well.


The next day, Sunday, was my birthday. This is the only decent picture I could find. The night before, Shad had taken me to a Solas concert (a group that plays celtic/irish music) as part of my birthday present. I loved it and actually bought a couple of their CDs so I could keep listening to them after the fact.


It was a fun birthday and was nice to be pampered a little. I love my family.


No comments: