11.07.2009

Miracles for Tegan


A little while back, Shad's sister e-mailed us to let us know that one of her friends who lives in our town has a little girl named Tegan that was diagnosed with cancer. That week they were doing an ice cream social to help raise money for Tegan. If you know me, I'm not one to usually pass up on ice cream, especially when it's for a good cause. But when the night arrived, my two youngest were already very tired and fussy. They were not in the right mood for me to take them somewhere public and expect them to behave nice and quiet, and Shad was at a meeting so I didn't have back-up. So we didn't go.

Well this morning there was a craft show fundraiser for Tegan. Shad was out of town, but it was in the morning, so I knew my kids would most likely be in good moods.

It was held at our local Mystique Theater.

The kids were very cooperative, and had a good time looking at all the stuff.

And I was happy to contribute a little to helping out Tegan and her family.


If you're interested in reading about or helping Tegan and her family, you can go to their website here: http://miraclefortegan.blogspot.com/

And just below the main picture on that page is a link to Tegan's own blog where they give updates and info on what and/or how she's doing.

It was neat to see my kids interested in helping Tegan out. I think they're still upset I didn't buy more stuff. :)


No comments: