11.02.2009

halloween


For halloween this year, I thought it would be fun (sometimes I wonder about my thoughts) to make our costumes.

With the help of Shad and Matt (watching the kids) I was able to sew my Wendy Darling dress and Graham's Peter Pan costume. Drake was one of Captain Hook's pirates (NOT Captain Hook, which he made clear to everybody that asked) and Avery was Tinkerbell. Shad didn't get a costume...

We went to our ward's Trunk or Treat earlier in the week.

We walked around the parking lot (some went around several times) and got candy from people we know.

Or at least people that we thought we knew.


After braving the cold for some candy, everyone headed inside for soup and rolls and socializing. These are my friend's kiddos that I watch from time to time.

Our little Tink.

A spider.

Just plain cute. There were a lot of really cute little kids there.

Enjoying the soup.

Avery still isn't sure about letting other people hold her, but plenty of people try to break her of her uncertainty.

Here's a closer look at our munchkins.


If you tell Avery she is pretty, she will touch her hair and say "Pretty".

Halloween night was perfect for trick-or-treating. The weather was just right and the sky was very Halloween-ish.

I tried to take some video to give you an idea of how much the sky added to the Halloween effect... the clouds were going so fast though. As soon as the moon would come out into an opening between the clouds, it would go right back behind some more clouds before I could get the video going.

We only went to a few houses along our own street and finished up after Drake was scared (nearly to death) at one house that had the bowl of candy sitting on what looked like a fake, stuffed person. Drake found out the wrong way that the guy was not a fake. Graham just laughed. Avery only scored two pieces of candy at homes that insisted she needed candy too.

Drake and Graham on the other hand finished the night with a decent load.

I'm glad we didn't do any more trick-or-treating than we did.

Happy Halloween.


1 comment:

Gordita said...

I'm way impressed with the costumes.n Awesome.