6.17.2009

Colorado - part 2: museums and water


We visited several attractions in Denver that we thought would be fun and interesting.

One of the places we went was the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. Here my mom and my son are being eaten by a dinosaur that was walking around out in front of the museum.

It was kind of cool how the guy between the hind legs could control the dinosaur's movements to a degree. I never got a full view picture of the dinosaur because someone would inevitably walk right in front of my camera.

This is my brother happily posing by his Chinese Zodiac Animal, the boar.

Shad is helping the kids play.

We enjoyed a Prehistoric Journey.

There was one area called Expedition Health, that was full of different activities to track your own health, learn about your body and your mind, etc. This lady was dissecting a sheep's lungs (I think).

This was a game where the ball in the middle would be moved to your opponents side if your mind was more relaxed than theirs, and vice versa. As soon as one person "controlled" the ball into their opponents circle, the game was over. Here Shad is up against my brother. Notice Shad's concentration...

Like father like son. I love this picture of Drake. I was actually his opponent, and opened my eyes to peek at him at one point, and couldn't help breaking my "concentration" to take this shot.

This was near the end of our time at the museum. There was plenty of stuff to look at (I didn't post everything--be grateful), but we had to stop at some point.

The view of Denver from that couch area was beautiful though.

I like Denver.

Another place we visited was the Aquarium in Denver.

Drake is in the suit, ready for an "underwater adventure".

This otter kept doing back flips off the glass right in front of us.

My kids watching the otters.

There were a bunch of places where the entire wall was an aquarium, like this one.

And there were so many different kinds of fish, including some pretty big ones; Graham isn't sure what to think.

Stingray on the glass.

A tiger. I'm not sure what he has to do with water, but it was still cool to see him.

My brother amongst fish.

There was a spot where you could touch some smaller sea creatures like sea cucumbers and such.

Some cool spiky creature.

A lion fish.

A shark.

Jellyfish.

Moon jellyfish.

At the end, there was a big, open tank with a bunch of stingrays that you could touch.

There were specific instructions in order to be careful, but it was pretty cool.

We had a good time at the Aquarium.

And continuing with the water theme, we got to watch my brother Landon compete in his swim meet.

He's a pretty good swimmer.

And the last of us kids to be on the swim team.

It was fun to be able to watch him in action.

Graham had fun too.

And to finish the water theme, we thought it would be fun to take Drake and his cousin Jack fishing with the new fishing poles they got from Grandpa for their birthdays. This is my mom and my youngest brother traversing the rocks.

Dan (my big brother) and his son Jack.

Jack and Shad and Drake.

Good times.


No comments: