3.06.2008

Drake's Fiesta

So one day I needed to get some stuff done on the computer (impossible to do with either boy on my lap), which is in our basement. Drake and Graham seemed to be playing together just fine in their room, so I thought I'd just turn the monitor on downstairs so I could hear when I might need to intervene. I ended up being on the computer for probably 20 minutes, and on my way back upstairs, I was just imagining our house a wreck---two little boys, left alone for 20 minutes, with plenty of toys and books to throw around. Well, it was such a sweet surprise when not only was the house still somewhat clean, but Drake and Graham were sitting quietly, just looking at a book together. I thought, "Wow, what good kids I have."


So the next week, I again need to get some stuff done on the computer. I go downstairs for maybe 25 minutes, this time wondering which book I'd find my boys reading together when I got back upstairs. The moment I opened the door, this is what I saw:

They were both standing there looking at me, with big smiles on their faces, so proud of their huge pile of toys, when Drake said, "Look Mom! It's a fiesta!" I guess you can never expect consistency when you've got kids. :)

4 comments:

matt and brynnzie said...

That is funny. My kids aren't consistent either.

Head Over Hills said...

Hilarious!! More often than not I have the kids that make the messes. Your boys are adorable.

Jessica

Robin Pedersen said...

Important Safety Tip: Don't think you EVER have your children figured out. It will bite you every time.

Anonymous said...

It's a fiesta!? That is so funny. :)