3.13.2008

Another year older...

...and that much closer to no longer being in my twenties. Where does the time go? My birthday was on Friday, the 7th, and Drake was excited for it all week long. He'd ask me every day if it was my birthday, so when Friday morning finally came, Drake was bright-eyed and ready to sing-- and for me to open presents (he'd gotten up early with Shad to wrap presents and decorate). So we opened presents first thing in the morning (I say 'we' because it wasn't just me opening them :))
Shad went to work for the morning while I hung out with the boys (I took them to a playgroup at the library that I hadn't been to before, and found out pretty soon it should have been titled "Playgroup-for-crazy-out-of-control-children-whose-moms-just-let-them-do-whatever-they-want-to-whatever-child-they-want-to"). Needless to say I probably won't be rushing back there. After Shad got home, we all went out for lunch and ran a bunch of errands. We took the boys to the dollar store where they each picked out one item. Graham immediately found a ball, and held onto it the whole time. Drake on the other hand, had the hardest time deciding on something to keep. He'd find something he really liked, but would put it back to see what his other options were. It took him quite a while to decide (the struggles of a 3-year old), but he finally settled on a truck with flames on it.
That night, we dropped the boys off with a sitter, and Shad and I went out to a movie and dinner. It was nice being able to talk and enjoy each others company without wrestling a child or two. It was a good birthday. I do think Drake and Graham almost enjoyed it the most!

2 comments:

matt and brynnzie said...

Happy Birthday Angela!!! It's almost funner having birthdays when you are a mom, because it's fun to watch how your kids react.

Anonymous said...

Seriously- that 30 year old age mark just looms closer and closer... oh well. Age is just a number, right? Glad you had a fun birthday!