12.01.2009

thanksgiving


Before heading South for Thanksgiving, I made a couple pies to take down. I bought two containers of raspberries. Below is an example from each container. The raspberry on the left is a normal sized raspberry.



I made an apple crumb pie...

...and a triple-berry pie.

We spent Thanksgiving with Shad's family this year.

We had the big feast at his aunt's home, which was decorated quite lovely.


And I was excited to see so many of her watercolor paintings lining the walls around her house.



The food was wonderful.



And we all had a good time.



We went to Shad's sister's home for dessert.

And for fun.


Graham really enjoyed this cracker dip. He was there for a while. He would take a cracker out of the box...

Dip it blindly into the cracker dip...

And eat. Then repeat, again and again and again.

The Wii was a big hit.




It was fun hanging out with Shad's family. The next bunch of pictures are just random snippits from the weekend.












This was my small piece of paper on which I wrote my If-I-see-it-while-I'm-at-the-store-maybe-I'll-get-it list for the After Thanksgiving Day Sales. Let's just say I bought a few things that weren't on the list...

I got to take some family pictures, which was fun for me, but freezing cold for them.


And we went to Temple Square to see the lights.












I'm grateful for this holiday, and this entire time of year, when we have an excuse to spend some time with family and also to reflect on our Savior and all the blessings we have in our lives because of Him. I'm very grateful for my own family and for all that I'm blessed with, every single day. I couldn't ask for more.



3 comments:

Lucky Larson's said...

What wonderful Temple pictures---plus Shad's family looks wonderful!

How fun!
Thanks for sharing your family with us!

Gordita said...

Great photos! (I especially love the one of the reflection pool on Temple Square.) Have I told you lately how adorable your children are? I love them and I haven't even met them!

Shad said...

mmmmmm....triple berry pie!