1.26.2009

winter: outdoors


The more winter continues, the more anxious I am for warm weather.


Yet, I still like the winter beauty, and will tromp outside to take pictures, even if it's freezing cold, because I like to take pictures.  This particular morning, besides being really cold, it was gray and foggy.  Although the sky was dreary, the bushes and trees looked very cool.


Each branch had it's own coating of ice crystals.


On another day, the same thing happened, but instead of gray skies, they were a bright blue,


which makes for much better pictures.


I love it when the trees are all white.


I'm glad I live where we have winter, and snow.


And I'm glad my kids love it, too.


It makes life more fun.


And what could be better than playing outside in the freezing cold?


Um, maybe sitting inside, in the nice, warm house, just watching.


We do get a nice, "warm" winter day once in a while,


when the kids can go play outside,


and take a break from being indoors.


But unfortunately, it doesn't last long.



1 comment:

Gordita said...

I LOVE your white tree on blue sky photo! Amazing. It reminds me that winter has a strong positive side. Thank you.